Thursday, February 26, 2009

First thing's first

I live in Laie Hawaii. The decision to move here was a little last minute, but I'm glad i did it. The end of my mission was a little rocky, and I came home a little broken if you will. Don't get me wrong, I loved my mission and I wouldn't change a thing. I guess I needed some of those experiences to make me stronger. They were HARD, but I'm grateful. Upon arriving home I felt the need to escape to a world where nobody knew me so that I could start my life again. I wanted to learn, to explore, and be warm. Where better to do that than Hawaii? Heavenly Father confirmed my decision to come here, and the struggle to get in was well worth it. I live on O'ahu, and attend BYU-Hawaii. I have already had some amazing experiences. I have met people from all walks of life, from countries I have never even heard of. The teachers here are all very passionate about what they teach, which of course get me all excited as well! I'm so poor all I eat is Oatmeal and all I drink is water. My house is literally across the street from the beach. My killer tan will have to wait due to the cloudy weather that plagues the first few months of the year( but I love wearing hoodies, so I'm ok with the coldness for now). I am obsessed with the night show at the Polynesian Cultural Center and dream about dancing in it someday. You see? All kinds of fun stuff! I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment